Good to Globe Biotechnology, G2GBIO
G2GBIO is a pioneering life science company with core technology in the field of long-acting microsphere injectables, established in March 2017. Within just six years of its founding, the company has registered 37 patents, including 30 international patents, and currently has 70 patents pending.
Long-Acting Microsphere Drug Manufacturing Technology(InnoLAMP)InnoLAMP (Innovative Long-Acting MicroParticle) technology is a 'drug effect sustainability platform' that uses biodegradable polymers to produce uniform microspheres of existing drugs, allowing them to be administered in the body for a longer period of time. This technology achieves excellent drug effect sustainability and competitive production costs, making it a highly commercializable technology.
Application of InnoLAMP TechnologyInnoLAMP technology is mainly applied to improve the sustainability of drug effects for chronic diseases or drugs that require convenient administration. As life expectancy continues to rise, the convenience of drug administration becomes increasingly important for chronically ill and elderly patients. The use of InnoLAMP technology is expected to increase to mitigate the adverse effects of prolonged drug usage.
Innovation of InnoLAMP TechnologyG2GBIO's InnoLAMP technology, which obtained South Korean and international patents, enables the creation of more uniform and reproducible drug particles for sustained-release drugs compared to similar technologies, while also allowing for mass production. The technology can be applied to various types of drugs, including peptides and small molecules. The innovation of InnoLAMP technology in the field of sustained-release drugs is driving G2GBIO's ability to supply global demand at the most competitive prices.
Successful Product Differentiation based on Excellent TechnologyG2GBIO has achieved target drug release profiles for all developmental products at the preclinical stage (animal administration). In particular, GB-5001, which is currently undergoing Phase 1 clinical trials (human administration) in Canada, has shown promising interim results and is expected to deliver similarly positive outcomes in the final analysis. G2GBIO has also developed a unique technology that reduces injection site pains and improves biocompatibility, setting it apart from other microsphere injectables.
Diverse R&D PipelineOur company has diverse pipelines beyond Alzheimer's disease treatment, including post-operative pain treatments, Type 2 diabetes treatments, and animal castration. We are currently conducting clinical trials or preparing for them. Additionally, we anticipate having even more pipelines as global pharmaceutical companies are considering the possibility of applying G2GBIO InnoLAMP technology to their own medications.
Emphasis on Research and DevelopmentIn May 2022, G2GBIO completed the construction of a 4,177㎡ research facility and a global-level pilot facility at the Osong BioValley. A team of experienced researchers, including the CEO who has extensive expertise in sustained-release drugs, are actively engaged in research and development. As a result of their efforts, we have been able to rapidly conduct research and development and achieve impressive results in a short period of time. Looking ahead, G2GBIO will continue to prioritize research and development and strive towards greater goals.
Joint Development and Licensing Agreements through Strategic PartnershipsG2GBIO has successfully signed a joint development and technology export agreements based on its steady research and development results. In the case of sustained-release Alzheimer's disease treatments, we have signed joint development and licensing agreements with two domestic pharmaceutical companies (Korea Pharma and Humedix). We have also entered into a joint development agreement with Hanwha Pharma for sustained-release hepatitis B treatments. Additionally, we have signed a joint development agreement with Keyfron Bio for sustained-release animal medicine. In addition to these, we are currently in discussions for several other pipelines for the contract signing, and we plan to pursue active strategic partnerships to ensure G2GBIO's sustainable management.
G2GBIO is a company founded with the entrepreneurial spirit of "providing good medicine to humanity" under the value of "respect for life."
As the global aging population continues to grow, so does the incidence of chronic diseases requiring long-term medications, such as dementia, diabetes, and arthritis. Therefore, there is a growing demand for the prescription and development of Long-Acting Injectables (LAI) to improve the convenience and compliance of medication.
LAI is increasingly being evaluated as essential medicines rather than choices in an aging era that pursues healthy aging, as they are a patient-centered technology. Commercially, the field of sustained-release pharmaceuticals is an area where good drugs comparable to new drugs can be developed, with costs at about one-tenth the level and a development period of less than half of new drug development.
However, the biggest reason for the difficulty of the emergence of follow-up products of sustained-release pharmaceuticals is the high entry barrier for commercial production.
G2GBIO is developing treatments for chronic diseases such as dementia, diabetes, and osteoarthritis by establishing a proprietary sustained-release microsphere manufacturing technology called "InnoLAMP" (Innovative Long-Acting MicroParticle).
We are proud to have a technology that is globally unique and competitive in producing uniform and high-quality sustained-release microsphere injectables, even at a commercial production scale.
Based on the open platform "InnoLAMP," G2GBIO will establish a global foothold through continuous technological advancement. In the long term, we will be able to enter the global market along with innovative new drugs.
- B.S. in Biochemistry from Yonsei Univ., Ph.D. in Biotechnology, KAIST, & Post doctor in Univ. of Kentucky
- 27 years’ experience in SR drug delivery
- Participated in the development of SR prostate cancer treatment drug submitted to US FDA ANDA
- Research and Business Development at Peptron
- Licensing & technology transfer to Daewoong Pharmaceutical, Yuhan and AZAD (Switzerland)
- Commercialization of prostate cancer treatment drugs, domestic sales of over 20 million USD (Daewoong Pharm)
- KOSDAQ Technical Assessment ∙ IPO
- B.S/M.S in Biochemistry from Chungnam National Univ.
- 23 years’ experience in SR drug delivery
- Formerly responsible for the development of sustained-release injections at Daewoong Pharmaceuticals, Dong Kuk Pharm, and Peptron
- President of Tracy BioConsulting, LLC
- Senior Director of Alnylam, Inc.
- President of Controlled Release Society
- Director of Alkermes, Inc.
- Member of EPN / Regionala etikprövningsnämnden
- Deputy Head of Division of Translational Alzheimer Neurobiology / Karolinska Institutet
- Member of the Steering Board of Center of Alzheimer Research / Karolinska Institutet
- Pharmacist / Apoteket AB
- Series C
- Korea-UK international joint technology development project selected Humedix & Koreapharma Alzheimer’s treatment drugs Licensing Agreement(KR)
- GB-5001 Canada Phase 1 clinical
- Joint R&D institution for Ministry of SMEs and Startups Industry-Academia Platform Collaboration Technology Development Project selected
- Participation in the development of an evaluation system for Synthetic Peptide Pharmaceuticals by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety
- Completion of new office building & research center
- Hanhwa Pharm HBV Joint development
- Participation in the Ministry of SMEs and Startups' Innovation Sector Startup Package (BIG3) Project
- MOU with Humedix on the development of sustained-release injectable GB-5001 Canada Phase 1 clinical trial approved
- MOU with Samyang Holdings on the development of sustained-release injectable
- MOHW BioHealth Investment Infra Connection R&D Business Selected (Government project)
- KEYFRON Bio(Biotoxtech Subsidiary) Joint development on animal medicine
- Bridge(SI , FI, KIBO(Government Agency))
- MSS BIG3 Industry SME Innovation Growth Support company Selected (Government project)
- Series B (7 Institutions)
- Establishment of GMP facility
- Regional Hub Innovative Physician-Scientist Collaborative Research contract with Chungnam National University Hospital
- Ministry of SMEs Collabo R&D Preliminary Task Selected (Government project)
MOHW Domestic KDRC Selected(Government project)
MOTIE Prospect Bio IP Industry Selected(Government project)
Series A (6 Institutions)
- Hightech medical complex Base Technology Construction Company Selected
- SMBA K-startup Selected
- Established G2G Bio Co., Ltd.
G2GBIO built a new office building in Osong in May 2022 and strives to provide the best working environment for employees. In addition, our office building is equipped with the optimal equipment and facilities necessary for researchers to conduct research and development.
G2GBIO will continue sustainable management based on the spirit of TOP STARS.
We will do our best to supply good medicine to the whole world.
- 21, Uiryodanji-gil, Osong-eup, Heungdeok-gu, Cheongju-si, Chungcheongbuk-do S.Korea
- B-1220, SKV1GL Metrocity, 128 Beobwon-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul S.Korea
- 123, Osongsaengmyeong-ro, Osong-eup, Heungdeok-gu, Cheongju-si, Chungcheongbuk-do S.Korea